The Hook Bait Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone braving the floods?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone braving the floods? Empty Anyone braving the floods?

Post  baitboss Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:26 pm

Any of you still able to fish where you are or is the whole country flooded? Shocked
baitboss
baitboss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anyone braving the floods? Empty Re: Anyone braving the floods?

Post  TenchmanTim Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:31 am

Just got home from a biteless visit to the Welland. I faired better on tuesday though, catching my best chub from the Welland this season, 5lb7oz, along with a 4lb14oz.
Whilst I'm not normally a fan of coloured water chubbing, the Welland at Deeping is protecetd from heavy flooding by a relief channel around the town and experience has found the chub respond to the coloured water on this relatively shallow, featureless area and have a bit of a binge.
Although there's not that many fish and as I proved today blanks still often occur!

Anyone braving the floods? 5lb7oz10
5lb7oz Welland

Plans to have a go on a promising looking stretch of the Ouse are currently on hold, until it calms down a bit!

Tight lines, Martin
TenchmanTim
TenchmanTim

Back to top Go down

Post  micfoot807 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Fed up with the sight of flooded rivers now, just come off a 8hrs on, 8 hrs off rota responding to the flooding. Hardly had a proper wink of sleep since Wed 21st, just managed to get the majority of my wet weather gear dry and won`t mind if I don`t see another river for a few days.

The Thames was probably as high as I`d seen it since 2007 but the thing that struck me this time was the pace of it. It was raging through around Chertsey, Shepperton and Sunbury and looked incredibly fierce.

On the plus side it should have flushed all the crap of the last couple of summers out and we might actually have some proper clean gravels to fish on this winter.

Mic
micfoot807
micfoot807

Back to top Go down

Post  nairny Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:43 am

Stour was the same mate, at it's highest recorded level since 2005, back in the banks now but the pace is awesome. Mad
nairny
nairny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down