The Hook Bait Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its Very Quiet On Here

2 posters

Go down

Its Very Quiet On Here Empty Its Very Quiet On Here

Post  Barbelfisher Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:57 am

Everyone must be out on the bank bagging up Very Happy
Barbelfisher
Barbelfisher

Back to top Go down

Its Very Quiet On Here Empty Re: Its Very Quiet On Here

Post  TenchmanTim Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:58 am

Hi 'Barbelfisher',

I'm afraid it's the exact opposite for me! For various reasons I've not fished a great deal lately and when I have, I've had very little of note to report!
I did have a decent session trotting maggs last week and had a nice mixed bag of chub, roach, perch and dace, but nothing outstanding.
I'm sure there'll be a bit of action on the forum soon.

All the best, Martin.
TenchmanTim
TenchmanTim

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbelfisher Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:16 am

Hi Martin,

Nice to hear from you, is this crappy wet weather keeping you off the bank? Have you been out at all having a bash for the Tench? I have been struggling on a hard little stretch of river after the few big Barbel that reside there, just started a baiting campaign with the 3B boilies so fingers crossed...Hope you can get back out soon..

Take care
John
Barbelfisher
Barbelfisher

Back to top Go down

Post  TenchmanTim Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:24 am

Hi,

A combination of weather, work and a lack of inspiration have kept my fishing down.
Regarding tench, I was rather humbled this spring. I put in quite a lot of time through May and June and failed miserably Embarassed. I have some serious thinking to do before next years tench campaign.
That and the poor river river conditions for my favoured summer style of sight fishing for chub have left me somewhat at a loss as to where to cast next as it were!
I'm sure things will take a turn for the better soon though.
Good luck with those big barbel, 3-B will sort them out I'm sure!

Martin
TenchmanTim
TenchmanTim

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbelfisher Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:05 pm

Yes fish spotting has not been easy of late with so much water in the rivers, Have you tried the 3B for the Chub or are you a bread and cheesepaste chubber? Sounds like you gave up a little on the Tench front?

John
Barbelfisher
Barbelfisher

Back to top Go down

Post  TenchmanTim Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:37 am

Summer chub fishing for me is largely about freelining 'naturals', worms, slugs, snails etc to fish I can see. But any bait can work, I've done quite well on 'barbel stretches' freelining boilies, which the chub take quite freely at times as they're so used to loose ones being thrown in!
Magg'n'wag can be enjoyable too, finding a group of fish and winding them up before picking them off.
On the tench front, I don't think around 20 sessions of varying length, from short mornings to two dayers through one of the coldest, wetest springs in history for just two modest tench is 'giving up'!

Martin

Ps Had a nice chub of around 3lb on a dry fly this morning on the way home from nightshift!
TenchmanTim
TenchmanTim

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbelfisher Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:47 am

Excuse me Martin no that is not giving up!! I sat through mostly the same conditions for very little myself. just thought you sounded a little down? That fishing to certain fish in clear water must be very heart stopping?

Now that is a very nice way to come home from work Very Happy

Be Lucky
John
Barbelfisher
Barbelfisher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum