The Hook Bait Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18th December 2011

3 posters

Go down

18th December 2011 Empty 18th December 2011

Post  nairny Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:38 am

Well I was hoping to give you some updates on catches, but you have probably worked it out for yourselves! there have been none. I have never known a period quite like this one, the river for the most part looks in good order, yesterday in my favorite conditions, high and colored I fished a few of the banker swims with Aidie for the afternoon and into dark, and the tip refused to move. Not sure what is happening, we did discover a lot of sign's the otters have been very active, easy I know to blame it on them ,but I don't think they are helping matters. The river should have fined down a bit over night, so a couple of hours on the cage feeder and bread will be tried in the hope of a fish. If we have a few more frosts float fished maggot will be the way to go, and if no results are had on that, it will be time to move venue's something I am reluctant to do.. Sad It would be great to get some feedback, to see what is happening in other parts of the country?

cheers nairny
nairny
nairny

Back to top Go down

18th December 2011 Empty Re: 18th December 2011

Post  TenchmanTim Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:53 am

Hi Iain,
High and coloured! What's that then? Went out last thursday and could still see the bottom in over 4ft of water, and that was downstream of a small inlet of slightly coloured water. Above that I assume it's still crystal clear! Tried trotting a couple of days ago...almost had to push it along with my rod top to get it moving!
Still I'm sure I'll be moaning about floods and water that's too coloured soon!
Back out tomorrow evening on the way home from work for more punishment!
Martin
Ps I don't think I use enough exclamaition marks, do you?!!!!!
TenchmanTim
TenchmanTim

Back to top Go down

Post  micfoot807 Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:16 am

Hello mate,

You know what`s coming here don`t you?

I`ve been absolutely hauling them out.............NOT!!!!!!!!

Managed a look at the Thames today and although it is finally carrying a little colour there is still next to no flow. A glance at the Wey`s confluence with the Thames showed at least some movement so I know where I`ll be tomorrow evening. I`ll let you know if anything occurs.

That old blanking caper.....hurts doesn`t it?

Merry Christmas to you and your apprentice.

Mic
micfoot807
micfoot807

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down