The Hook Bait Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3-B Boilies

+7
Eric
kev tolmie
snake
Screamingbuzzer
micfoot807
nairny
baitboss
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3-B Boilies - Page 2 Empty Re: 3-B Boilies

Post  christian barker Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:05 pm

right lads, got a couple of bags of 3-B base mix and was wondering how you find it works best for Chub...... rolled and boiled or paste on a hook? - I have used a paste wrapped bollie approach for barbel and was alway surprised I never got any numbers of chub.... (chub arn't stupid like barbel clown )

Personally, it is a natural progression to use a bollie mix as paste and instinctively know what to do with bites...

what works best for you???

christian barker

Back to top Go down

Post  baitboss Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi Chris
Interesting topic, there is no difinitive answer as water habitat dictates what is right way to fish with paste. Personally I like to fish a boilie, either whole or split in half and hair rigged back to back. I then like to cover the lot up, hook as well with a bit of matching paste.. If the fish are feeding then I just fish the boilie without any paste
baitboss
baitboss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nairny Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:43 am

Christian
I find boilies better in the summer months then switch to paste around autumn time, it seems to give me some extra bite's.

Talking of Bait Boss? And as you know I have been after some black bait for some time. Very Happy
nairny
nairny

Back to top Go down

Post  christian barker Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:33 am

I try to keep it as simple as possible, I thought of hair-rigging a small batch of home boiled bollies... but then there is a hook link to attach to the main-line, hairs, needles, stops. I put on a cube of luncheon meat straight on the hook and moulded 3-B paste around this (frifty!) - easier to manipulate in darkness not requiring any light.

Had my first Chub of the season 4lb9oz at 00:38am on 3-B... its a high quality bait that fish on my river have not yet been introduced to...... who knows, may trip up one of those big girls later this season.

christian barker

Back to top Go down

Post  nairny Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:23 pm

You didn't need help after all then, you also didn't need to attach a hook-length to your main line, and no boilie stops are needed, to hair rig baits if you fish it my way, but you seem to have it sorted so I won't elaborate. Shocked
nairny
nairny

Back to top Go down

Post  baitboss Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Well Chris, well done...I cant say I would of thought to mould paste around meat, but then again you may have stumbled on a new bait presentation Surprised He who Dares Rodders !
baitboss
baitboss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  christian barker Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:11 pm

nairny wrote:You didn't need help after all then, you also didn't need to attach a hook-length to your main line, and no boilie stops are needed, to hair rig baits if you fish it my way, but you seem to have it sorted so I won't elaborate. Shocked

On the contrary, sounds an interesting method you have.... my experience of bollies stems from dabbling in carp fishing. please elaborate... sounds good!

christian barker

Back to top Go down

Post  baitboss Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Yorkshire supremo Steve Frost has been putting his 3-B paste to good use by snaring this magnificent 12lb 8oz barbel from a Yorkshire river. Pellet wrapped in 3-B paste did the trick after Steve spied it early in the morning.

3-B Boilies - Page 2 12_14_10
baitboss
baitboss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbelfisher Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Just started to use the 3B bait im rolling 12millers with a paste wrap...I must say that the baits fruity edge is not my usual kind of label but time will tell......I also think that some of the other boilies would be good for barbel...If only the Baitboss would get that website sorted out affraid
Barbelfisher
Barbelfisher

Back to top Go down

Post  baitboss Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Sam has been among the barbel on a Southern water and was rewarded with a lovely 12 pounder on the ever faithful 3-B. Nice one Sam, cracking looking fish mate well done!

3-B Boilies - Page 2 60013710

Last edited by baitboss on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
baitboss
baitboss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbelfisher Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:20 am

Well done Sam, was it a Loddon fish?

John
Barbelfisher
Barbelfisher

Back to top Go down

Post  bigchub Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:45 am

nairny wrote:You didn't need help after all then, you also didn't need to attach a hook-length to your main line, and no boilie stops are needed, to hair rig baits if you fish it my way, but you seem to have it sorted so I won't elaborate. Shocked

I take it you whip a dacron hair to the hook a la Terry Lampard style which negates the need for a separate hook-length, but means you can still fish the bait hair rigged tight to the shank of the hook? Cool
bigchub
bigchub

http://modernchubbaitsandtactics.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  micfoot807 Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:28 am

Nairny told me it was a pva hair, no wonder I catch naff all.

Mic
micfoot807
micfoot807

Back to top Go down

Post  nairny Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:18 pm

bigchub wrote:

I take it you whip a dacron hair to the hook a la Terry Lampard style which negates the need for a separate hook-length, but means you can still fish the bait hair rigged tight to the shank of the hook? Cool

That's exactly the way I do it when I don't wont to use a hook-length, a large knot on the loop does the same job as a boilie stop, hope this helps Christian, sorry the reply has not come sooner, and Mic sorry about that, but I have gone into stealth mode again due to unforeseen cicumstances. Mad
nairny
nairny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum