River Waveney, Suffolk

View previous topic View next topic Go down

River Waveney, Suffolk

Post  bigchub on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Anyone else fish the Waveney on here? No? I'm probably in a minority then! If you don't know about the Waveney then its probably one of the best chub rivers in Suffolk with fish to 8lb+. Places like Bungay Common are synonymous with big chub on the Waveney and they nearly all of the river is available to fish for the price of a day ticket or a season ticket from Bungay Cherry Tree Angling club.

Went bolt rigging for chub with boilies on the Waveney last Friday in appalling weather conditions. It rained nearly all day but at least I had some bites. First chub I had on was an absolute monster. Well in excess of 6lb but it slipped the hook at the net. To say I was gutted is a big understatement! Also had a much smaller one at 2lb 4oz.

Great fun and I'm eager to try out my new circle hooks when they arrive. Anybody else tried these?. Hopefully I won't lose as many fish but Drennan Continental Boilie hooks have always been good to me in the past. Any of my other fishing friends do this style of chub fishing apart from those I know about?

All bites were on the ever faithful DT Baits Pukka fish & Oily Chicken boilies but still haven't had a sniff on the 3-B Darren but I will keep trying.

Can't wait until next time. Maybe I'll get that big one this time.

bigchub

View user profile http://modernchubbaitsandtactics.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: River Waveney, Suffolk

Post  christian barker on Thu May 31, 2012 4:25 am

Can't wait to get back on the Waveney.... It is an awesome venue with a good head of fish. Whilst not an out and out easy river, it offers the best chance of a fish when my home venues are feeling tired and out of sorts.

Not sure about the reality of the Waveney producing an '8' - but it has a historic reputation for producing better than average fish in this region. I would love to break the six pound barrier on this river having come close a few times last season - just wish it did not involve a 65 mile round trip to get to Sad

A good stalking river!!! Waveney chub love slugs!!!!!

christian barker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top