What have you had then Mr?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3-B P.B!

Post  TenchmanTim on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:42 am

Anyone out there fishing at the moment?!

I've not done a great deal since the rivers closed, but I have managed a handful of trips.
I stalked a few moderate carp during the warm spell at the end of March. Also in March I had one night after Bream and had three fish, a 'baby' of 7lb, one of 9lb13oz and a good one of 11lb2oz.

11lb2oz

Just this week I managed another overnighter on a different pit and had a mixed bag, including a 5lb tench, numerous bream to just over 8lb and five carp topped by a new pb of 23lb11oz. All on good old 3-B, those bream really do love the stuff!

23lb11oz pb on 3-B boilie

Not long until I start seriously targeting some tench, hoping to push my best above 9lb this year, with the outside chance of a double. Realistically though just hoping to get amongst some decent fish. I'll keep you posted how it goes.

All he best, Martin.
TenchmanTim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What have you had then Mr?

Post  baitboss on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Hello Martin

Cracking looking carp and well done on your big snotter as well. Alas I have not been fishing since March but hope to have a go at Tench with some of the blueberry boilies in May. Then again, I might eat the bait, they are like sweets! Laughing
baitboss
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  baitboss on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:30 pm

Jerry Gleeson has been in amongst the big girls again on the Goyt! Feeding Natural Crave pellets accounted for this cracking barbus of 12lb 4oz. Look out for his piece in CAT next month.
baitboss
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  baitboss on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Finally, I managed to get a day free from work, chores and general nonsense and I actually went fishing! Mandy's boss Glyn has been desperate to catch his first barbel so I arranged to show him the ropes on the Trent at Collingham. We set off at 5.00 am this morning and arrived at 6.20 and deposited our gear in the chosen swim on a long sweeping bend and went about setting up. To cut a long story short, 2 hours passed us by without so much as a nibble so we decided to up sticks and move upstream a mile to the weir. Unfortunately a couple of guys were already set up there so we picked a spot 100 yards downstream of them and cast in freshly baited hooks with 16mm Amino Crustacean dumbells and sat back to survey the weir pool. Eighteen cormorants passed over in 'V' formation, quickly followed by another 5 stragglers. (Bad sign of the times).... Just then the roving bailiff on his quad bike appeared and asked how we were doing to which I said 'not very good actually'. He the said why dont we fish the weirpool to which I told him 2 other anglers were already set up there. He turned round to see the anglers the turned back to us and said that they were not fishing into the pool and that there were 2 free swims behind them directly into the weir pool that we had not seen! With that we hastily packed up our things and moved to the weir pool and immediately our enthusiasm picked up enormously when we surveyed our expanse of water. First blood honours were given to Glyn when his rod hooped over and hit the shingle beach. Glyn played the fish like an old hand and soon his very first barbel rolled over the net, and at 6lb 8 oz Glyn was an extremely happy angler. I took a couple of trophy shots but I know the experience will stay with Glyn forever and he was a happy man. Next it was my turn when an angry barbel sucked in my bait and pulled the rod into the water. I grabbed hold of the rod and for the next 7-8 minutes I was pulled all over the weir pool but eventually it succumbed to steady pressure and flopped over the waiting landing net. On the scales she went 9lb 7oz so I was also a very happy angler as well. I think we will be coming back again soon Smile
Glyn with his 1st barbel

Happy Days!
baitboss
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  micfoot807 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Darren,

Great session mate and always a joy to help someone achieve something like that.

Mic
micfoot807

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbelfisher on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:10 am

Yes well done Darren, could also be good brownie points for you. Very Happy
Barbelfisher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  baitboss on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:01 pm

It is gratifying to know that you can pass on tips to help someone achieve a goal!
baitboss
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  baitboss on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:06 pm

Had a cracking time on the Warwickshire Avon for the Chub Study autumn get-together. Hardly any chub caught but stacks of hard fighting barbel in the rising water. Had this battle scarred bertie at 7lb on the Natural Crave to get the ball rolling

The evening brought on loads of barbel rolling in the floodwater and persistence paid off when this lump picked up the Natural Crave and tore about the swim for ages befor finally slipping over the net. Sorry about the picture quality as fog suddenly appeared from nowhere as I rattled off a couple of shots. Still it was a good do.

baitboss
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbelfisher on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:38 am

Hi Darren,

It sounds like a good time was had by all Matey? Pleased that you got in on the act with a couple of nice ones Smile

Be Lucky
John
Barbelfisher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  micfoot807 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:11 am

Top angling Darren, hope you and your fellow CSGers had as good a weekend as I did, no fish but copious amounts of alcohol with my besties!

Mic
micfoot807

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TenchmanTim on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:25 am

Hi All,

Yes, the barbel Study weekend went well, sorry, sorry, Chub study weekend!!!!!
Plenty of barbel to be had, although I did my usual trick of avoiding all the bigger ones!
I even started catching barbel before it came up! Catching a 6lb8oz sample trotting on light gear, good fight!
Shame really as I think there were plenty of chub to be caught if it had stayed sensible levels, as I had quie a few, only up to about 3lb though, before it coloured.

Martin
TenchmanTim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  baitboss on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:49 pm

Caught in the act! Would you buy bait from this shady character? lol Shocked
baitboss
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snake on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:07 am

Well lads I have beaten my chub p.b. with an absolute DOG weighing in at 7lb 8oz on the 3-B Very Happy

snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbelfisher on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:07 am

Well done Mr. Snake thats a fin perfect looking beauty, 3-B strikes again... Very Happy

Be Lucky
John
Barbelfisher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TenchmanTim on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:11 am

Great fish Ade, well done mate! Nice looking fish, good pic, nice weather! What more could you want?
TenchmanTim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  baitboss on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Martin Womble caught the weekends biggest barbel at the recent chub study get-together on the Warwickshire Avon....a nice fish of 11lb 2oz caught on 3-B. Nice one Martin Very Happy

baitboss
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbelfisher on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:30 am

Very Nice fish Martin well done to you. Very Happy

Be Lucky
John
Barbelfisher

View user profile

Back to top Go down