River Thames

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: River Thames

Post  TenchmanTim on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:37 pm

Mic,
Cheers mate, nice little pep talk. I think half the problem I have is I'm an extremely impatient angler and don't always have the right mind set to take on 'slow' venues, or 'slow' conditions. At the same time I can only not fish for so long, so like everyone else I'll be out battling away against the odds. With regards my size related moan, that's a little misplaced because I always end up trying to catch as many as possible and hope the odd biggie turns up. So I'll always gravitate towards more prolific venues, often limiting the size of fish somewhat!
In complete contradiction to all the above, I'm warming to the task of trying for a big, 2lb+, welland roach this winter. Conditions are crap for roach and there probably isn't a 2lber in the river, but here goes......
TenchmanTim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  micfoot807 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:49 pm

Martin

You`re welcome mate Very Happy Just thought I`d give you my perspective on chub fishing. I think half the problem is we`re such an anti social group of individuals by and large, we get a little isolated and introspective. The one thing mates do give you is a reason to go fishing even when we`re not keen. I know my mate Sim used to harass me all week if I was being a bit non committal about going and I, likewise to him, unfortunately we have differing targets these days and don`t fish together as much as we did. He spends all summer chasing bloody snakes now but we had our first river trip of the season together today as it goes...two blanks, no change there then.

Looking at your returns mate, you probably catch more in a season than I have in the last 10, that`s not something to be sniffed at. In many ways I envy you the frequency of your captures no matter the size, you must have your rigs and tactics absolutely nailed.

Tight lines

Mic
micfoot807

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  micfoot807 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:27 am

Well I thought it time to give all an update.

I`ve just had 5 days on the Thames, the river actually looked ok early in the week but the flow petered out as the week progressed, colour was good, not crystal but with ample visibility. Hopes were initially quite high but as the days rolled by it became more and more obvious that as with the weeks and months preceding something is not quite right with the river. Although I tried almost every combination of attack, not a single bite came my way. This looks as if it is going to be my worst ever season on the Thames, one brace of chub for 9 months effort and not a single barbel banked at all.

The upper river seems to have started to give a little as some of my mates have revealed and the tidal stretches have sporadically produced fish all season but the middle reaches have been a real trial. A few brave souls have been rewarded for their efforts and even the rough area that I have been fishing have done the very odd beast, just to prove they are there.

I`ve a few days left and will not give up until the final whistle but I don`t have any great expectation of a result to be honest.

Mic
micfoot807

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top